I originally found out he loved Nutella when I brought a loaf of my Nutella Banana Bread to the office. I often bring my baked goods to the office because I love to bake, I always bake too much in quantity and I really shouldn't be consuming every last item I bake!
Since he loves Nutella, I decided to make my Nutella cookies. The recipe is ridiculously easy!
Makes about 16 cookies
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 egg
- 1/2 heaping cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I used Himalayan Pink...because it's so pretty, haha!)
- Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl (preferably one that will fit in your freezer) and stir with a heavy spoon until well combined
- Place dough in freezer for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, remove bowl from freezer. Using a spoon, scoop and shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place each ball 2 inches apart. Flatten with palm of hand or bottom of bowl and use your fingers to pinch the cracks that appear on the edges together.
- Bake for 10 minutes, all the while drooling over the delicious Nutella smell emanating from your oven!
- Remove from oven, let cool and ENJOY!
I'm really very terrible at following step #7, I'm the girl who burns her fingertips because she can't wait for the cookies to cool! I end up grabbing a spoon, scooping up and eating the scalding, still soft cookie. LOL
The cookies were a hit, yay!
Sweet Nutella Dreams,